Knowing Confucius and Mencius Banner Design

targeted mobile phone number list data discuss
Ahad

Knowing Confucius and Mencius Banner Design

Post by Ahad »

Text: Wang Chongming (Dean of the Liberal Arts College of Tunghai University and Director of the General Education Center) I think there should be many people like me, who have a fascination with the thoughts of Confucius and Mencius; on the other hand, there are also many people who do not respond to Confucius and Mencius. There are not many people in Mencius, even a handful. A few years ago, a teacher invited me to re-read The Analects together. I gladly agreed, but I still asked the question that had been lingering in my mind for a long time: "Why did most of the students not like to read the Analects when we were in high school?" He answered without hesitation: "Because the teacher who teaches us is not able to lead by example." This teacher does not teach in the Department of Chinese, Philosophy or History, but is an energetic physical education teacher. However, her The answer really impressed and admired me. The understanding brought by diligent learning is far better than the expert opinion.

Perhaps it can be understood in this way, only with a willingness to learn and a teacher who can lead by example can we deeply kowtow to Confucius and Mencius. I have been a general education teacher in a university for nearly 30 years, and I deeply feel that Taiwan's civic education seems to be overdone. Although students know their rights and obligations, sometimes they only know their rights but not their obligations, and they lack a bit of gratitude and humility— The virtues of East Asian Confucianism constructed by the Confucians of China, Korea, Japan and Vietnam. "Instead of seeking others, think for others. Do not do to others what you do not want to do to yourself." Banner Design
East Asian Confucianism emphasizes that self-denial and rites are a requirement for oneself, and gratitude and humility for others. "A Deep Approach to Confucius and Mencius " is a general education course designed by the author, Mr. Huang Junjie, for college students. It takes a deep look at Confucius and Mencius' thought with contemporary social issues. Topics include "What is a person?" "How should a person learn?" "What is "self"? "How should people think about marriage and family?" "How to govern a country in the 21st century?" "How to choose between the tension between 'political identity' and 'cultural identity' in the 21st century?" "In the twenty-first century How to maintain friendship in the era of globalization in the 21st century?"

"In the tension between 'freedom' and 'order' in the 21st century, how should people settle their lives?" "How should people face death?" "How should people face religion ?" and other ten questions. Mr. Junjie tries to view Confucianism and Mencius from the perspective of "both humanism and rationality", rather than seeing it as a tool for political and ideological domination, and guides readers to use the perspective of Confucian spirit to examine contemporary times that Western civic philosophy can no longer afford. social problem. After reading Mr. Junjie's earnest and good manners to the young students, my heart is full of joy, especially Mr. Junjie's use of Mencius's "acting from benevolence and righteousness, not benevolence and righteousness", which expresses the learning attitude that Confucius and Mencius should have. ——You should ask Confucius and Mencius deeply based on the inherent conscience of human nature, rather than "examine" Confucius and Mencius by listing ten issues. Teacher Junjie also specially quoted Sakyamuni Buddha's advice: "Bhikkhus and w